Sunday, April 08, 2018

More freebie parts :)

Hello,
I'm back on time ...feeling very relaxed after a nice hot bath with essential oils and Himalayan salt.
It's part of my nightshift recovery routine to get back to normal.
Thanks for your comments. They are very appreciated !
I will start with my "Favorite things" and go into paper this week. It's a very important medium if you want good quality drawings/paintings.
Rough paper will bleed and it will also fray the tips of your markers. Good quality paper will not only avoid that , but will enable you to layer different colors without bleeding through or ending up with a soggy messy hole in your page when coloring in.
For doodles , bullet journals or simple drawing there are 3 brands I prefer.
One is Moleskine. A very good brand with quality paper ,which is not too thin.




The second one is Leuchtturm 1917, which the one that I use mostly for my drawings with fine liners and markers. These books come in a range of colors and I want one of each :) 

And the third is the Rhodia Sketch book , which has the smoothest paper. I use this for my calligraphy because it doesn't even bleed with dip pen and ink. It also has very faint dots which help with keeping lines straight if you don't want to draw lines with a ruler.

All these are available at Amazon. 


I will tell more about art supplies next week. 


The weather has been getting a little better here. For a couple of days we had sunshine and it was as nature as waiting for this and exploded with various blossoms. 

I took a walk and was able to get some nice shots of spring flowers. 


It's not much yet , but it's a start ! Hopefully this means that winter weather will finally be over now. One can hope ;) 
I didn't get much done painting due to work and the "Show me your letters" course I'm doing to learn calligraphy with an oblique pen and ink. I don't wanna bore you with pictures of each letter, so here is just one. 
Monday will be the start of "Show me your florals" though. A free watercolor course and challenge.
 https://becca-courtice-2vda.squarespace.com/showmeyourflorals
Plus there is the "Bring Spring " art challenge. 
I won't get bored ;) 

So now to the  freebie links . 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5x09qk71yuuy9ea/sr_springblossoms2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jd7w3fn9ce2911j/sr_springblossoms5.zip


The last part will be next week and then it's time for another new freebie kit. 

So stay creative and have a great week :) 
Hugs Snowy




2 comments:

Edna B said...

Thanks for the info about the different papers. One of these days, I'd like to take up doodling. The watercolor course sounds so interesting. I just know that you will do well with this course. Your floral paintings are lovely.

I love all the flowers that you have in bloom. So far, I just have green stems and leaves coming up, but I'm thankful for that. Today I will check to see if our trees have leaf buds.

You have a great week, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks for the lovely gifts, they are very much appreciated!