Sunday, April 22, 2018

"Forget me not " freebie starts

Hi again,
I just read through the comments, and yes....we are having nice weather as well. Although it's not as warm as further inland. Shaun reported 27 degrees Celsius from his day trip , while it was only 18 degrees here at the coast that day. So there is a bit of a difference with that coastal wind here. Still, loving the sunshine! And that sunshine is also the reason I didn't get much painting done. However ,I finished the miniscule calligraphy alphabet and got quite a bit done in my little garden corner. It still doesn't look like much , but give it a few weeks and it will be blooming :)
 I planted a tiny little Christmas tree. It was one of those cheap table decoration trees you can get at the £/$ store. It survived on my windowsill since December and now it was time for a larger pot and the outdoors. We will see how this little guy will be doing ....

I am behind with my watercolor challenge/course, but the good thing is , once signed up to the free challenge I can access the tutorial videos forever.
Here is one of the class results ....watercolor peonies in a loose painting style.
The funny thing is ,I find the loose painting style much harder than the more detailed painting styles, but the point is to learn more than just one style.


I love that I inspire some of you ...thank you :) In a world where computer games and TV rule , i's nice to see that some of us still can be creative with our hands and mind. Don't get me wrong...I love doing some digital design on the laptop from time to time. But years back it was nearly all of my free time I spent designing in PSP ,PS or Poser. Now? I spend a lot less time at the computer and do a lot more different art and crafts. More variety. There is so much to learn, experiment and try out. :)

OK, favorite things time !
Let's talk about paints. Watercolor paints part 1 ...because there is so much to write about those , it won't all fit into one post.
So today I just tell you about my current favorite paints.
There are cheap watercolor paints. they are fine ...really.... but they have very little color pigment in them and more binder. So when they dry they can sometimes appear a little chalky.
The more expensive paints contain a lot more pigment , hence they are more vibrant and richer in color. You need less of them , so they last longer. So cheap isn't really cheap when you consider how much more paint you need to achieve the same color richness and vibrancy on your paper.
My favorites :Prima Marketing Watercolor Confections
Each tin contains 12 colors (but fits a further 6 in the middle if you want to add more) and is about the size of my hand. That means easy to travel with, take out etc.
They come in different themes like "TROPICALS" " "WOODLANDS" "PASTEL DREAMS" or "ODISSEY" .
When a color runs out just buy a replacement half pan , no need to buy a whole new tin. The empty little containers (half pans) are great to put you own color mixes in , so don't throw them away. (I will get to the mixing part in another post)
These paints are medium price range. There are more expensive paints , but these are perfect for someone painting as a hobby or learning.
What about watercolor tubes? I will get to that subject next time....
For now it's time to post the first of the freebie kit.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tb7gbqf3sjs7uej/sr_forgetmenot1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jn451qt21s775e7/sr_forgetmenot3.zip





3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

This kit looks lovely and intriguing, thanks for sharing it with us, you are very generous! Mat

smiekeltje said...

Wnderful that you could do something in your garden. Oh, I am curious to see how the little Christmastree will grow!
Weather here is now around 13-14C only, so big difference from last week. Still we have some sunshine, so it isn;t really bad, only I would like to have higher temps. Who knw in a week ro so time?
Hope tomorrow will be a bit nice, at least that we will have no rain. We have our King's day and usually Jan and I go out a bit to see some fairs and flower markets in town. Nice weather adds a lot to a day out.
Have a wonderful week, let the creative spirit guid you LOL!
Hug
Kyra

Edna B said...

Your little garden is looking good. I, too, can't wait to see how your little Christmas tree grows. The parts to your new kit look very interesting. And Springy!

Thank you for the information about the paints. I did not know this. I want to tell you that your paintings are getting really good. You should be very proud of yourself.

You have a super week, hugs, Edna B.